photobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Super Easy Table Runner!

My longtime boyfriend and I just recently moved into a townhouse (out of our teensy apartment) and I am going crazy with trying to figure out new and creative ways to decorate (we can't paint the walls since we are renting---which I CAN'T STAND!--I love having color on the walls).

The first room I thought I would tackle was the kitchen. I decided to do a coffee theme (I'll post pictures after it's done) but I needed a little something extra for our dining room table so I decided to make a table runner that went with the color scheme.

I went to Hobby Lobby about a month ago and stocked up on a bunch of fabric-not knowing what I was going to use it for--I just LOVE fabric..haha--but in this case I ended using some of it.

For this project I only used half a yard of fabric (I only bought a yard of this..which I really regret! I wanted to make curtains from this..oh well) and my trusty glue gun (I HATE sewing).


After cutting the fabric to the size that I wanted I glued down the frayed edges and...

 Voila!! Super cheap and easy table runner! :-)


Now I'm  just looking for something to add to the large wall behind the table (we have to keep it pushed against the wall until guests come or else we would be squeezing through the chairs--no thank you!) Let me know if you have any ideas. I know it's hard to see it (will post later).

Also, I made those little grass holders after looking at someone's blog a while ago and I can't find it or remember the name--so if anyone knows who made them I will gladly link the tutorial. Here's a close up of them:

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment